Te Hiku Innovation Challenge
- Paul Laseki Motivational Workshop – Youth driven kaupapa. At the time of this event there was a high level of youth suicide, the concept was developed with the aim to uplift youth through inspirational people from the local community.
- Movies in the Park – Community initiative driven and lead by two young people who have a heart for the youth community. The theme was ‘Bushland and Redbands’
- North Hokianga Film Festival – The Kaupapa – ‘Healthy Land, Healthy People’. Two workshops about creating short documentaries about the land and the people in their area. The target is youth in local schools in the north Hokianga area.
- Youth Rave – This initiative has been created to support National Youth Week. This is a Hip-Hop Dance Rave aims to attract as many young people as possible, creating a positive environment for youth ages 12 – 24 years old.
- 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament in the local parks – This concept has been created through the love of sport and music. 3 on 3 Basketball tournaments will be held in local parks along with a sausage sizzle and live music. The aim is to bring the community together.
- Photography Project – see updates for details